Recent California Cases, Law & Current Social Science on Domestic Violence & Effective Practices in Supporting Low-Income & Underserved Families Experiencing Domestic Violence
This workshop reviews recent California appellate cases and social science affecting families impacted by domestic violence. The presentation will include trends and developments in the interpretation and application of the law in recent appellate decisions from 2021. The program will then give an overview of some of the recent scholarship on interpersonal violence relevant to family law, court, social work, and allied practitioners. We will conclude with a discussion of lessons learned in providing support to low-income, marginalized and underserved communities with family law cases during the pandemic and effective practices that emerged.
(all attendees will receive a certificate of attendance a week or two after the Webinar)
- AFCC California Chapter Members – 40% off: $72*
- Non-Members: $120
- Court and Non-Profit Employees who are also AFCC California Chapter Members: Fee Waived**
*Discount code for California Chapter members is in the email you received announcing this program, or CLICK HERE to log onto the website and receive the code. If you have never logged into the California Chapter website GO HERE for instructions to log in for the first time
**For the Court and Non-Profit Employees (who are also AFCC California Chapter Members), USE THIS LINK to request code. Please include copy of ID, letterhead, business card or other proof of employment.
- Discounts are applied on final checkout page.
- Once you complete the final checkout page the system may take up to 10 or 15 minutes to email your confirmation, so please be patient.
- YOU MUST also REGISTER WITH ZOOM using the link that is emailed to you a few minutes after registration.
May 6, 2022
12:30 pm - 5:00 pm